2PM (투피엠) contains of 6 members: Jun. K (formerly known as Junsu), Nichkhun, Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Junho and Chansung. The former leader, Jay Park, left the band in 2010. The JYPE trainees went through a survival show called “Hot Blood Men” after which a group of 11 members called “One Day” qualified for their debut. Later the group was split into 2PM and 2AM. 2PM debuted on 4 September 2008, under JYP Entertainment.
2PM Fandom Name: Hottest
2PM Official Fan Color: Metallic Grey
2PM Members Profile:
Stage Name: Jun. K (준수)
Birth Name: Kim Min Jun (formerly known as Kim Junsu) (김민준)
Position: Main Vocalist
Birthday: January 15, 1988
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height: 180 cm (5’11”)
Weight: 68 kg (149 lbs)
Blood Type: A
– He was born in Daegu, South Korea.
– Family: Mother, younger brother (his father passed away in 2012)
– He was born Kim Junsu, but on October 17, 2012, he announced that he would be legally changing his name to Kim Minjun (due to family reasons).
– Was accepted both into YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment, but he chose JYP.
– Before he debuted, he won several song writing and poem contests.
– In elementary school and high school he had received over 70 awards for essays and book reports.
– His former stage name was Junsu.
– Jun. K speaks Korean, English, and conversational Japanese.
– Junsu was a troublemaker before. He skipped JYP’s rules.
– He‘s friends with G–Dragon and TaeYang of BIGBANG.
– His hobbies are composing songs, fashion, collecting accessories and shoes.
– In 2011, he released his first solo single “Alive“.
– In 2012, he starred in the musical “The Three Musketeers” where he played the role of D’Artagnan.
– In 2013, he starred in the musical “Jack the Ripper” where he played the role of Daniel.
– In 2014, he released his Japanese solo album “Love & Hate”.
– His “Love & Hate” concert tour ranked in the top 10 best concerts in Japan in 2014, he being the only K-pop idol on the list.
– In 2015 he released his 2nd solo Japanese album “Love Letter”, which quickly reached 1st on the Oricon daily album charts.
– In July 2016, he released his 1st Korean album, “Mr. NO♡”.
– In December 2016, he released his 3rd Japanese solo album, “No Shadow”, which also reached 1st on the Oricon daily album charts.
– In January 2017, Jun-K released his 2nd solo Korean album, “77-1X3-00”.
– He was the 1st 2PM member who composed a title track for 2PM – “Go Crazy” (2014).
– He also composed the title track “My House” (2015).
– He composed the most songs for JYPE after J. Y. Park.
– He enlisted in the military on May 8, 2018.
– Jun.K’s ideal type: He said he likes women who work and have a successful career.
Stage Name: Nichkhun (닉쿤)
Birth Name: Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul (นิชคุณ หรเวชกุล)
Position: Vocalist, Rapper, Visual
Birthday: June 24, 1988
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Height: 180 cm (5’11”)
Weight: 64 kg (141 lbs)
Blood Type: O
– He was born in Rancho Cucamonga, California (his parents being ethnic Chinese, from Bangkok, Thailand).
– Family: Mother, father, an older brother (Nichan), two younger sisters – Nichthima (Yanin) and Nachjaree (Chereen)
– His mother was born in Thailand to immigrant parents from China.
– His father’s mother is from China, wile his paternal grandfather was born in Thailand from Chinese parents.
– He comes from a wealthy family, which earned him the nickname “Thai Prince” in South Korea.
– He has dual Thailand / USA citizenship.
– He moved to Thailand from the United States at the age of five, with his family.
– He studied at Dhepkanjana School and Tangpiroondham School (Thailand).
– At the age of 12, he went to New Zealand and studied at Wanganui Collegiate School, for a year and a half.
– Then he moved back to the United States to finish his studies at Los Osos High School in Rancho Cucamonga, California.
– He was scouted by a JYP agent in Hollywood, California while he was attending the Korean Music Festival in Los Angeles.
– After passing the auditions, he began his trainee period in 2006.
– In 2009 he was the subject of enlisting and do his military service for Thailand, but he obtained an exception.
– He can play the piano and the guitar.
– Nichkhun is known for his charms and winks.
– He speaks Thai, English, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese and basic French.
– In 2011, he participated in the “We Got Married” show, where he was paired with f(x)’s Victoria.
– He acted in movies such as: “Shining Diploma” (2011), “Ouran High School Host Club” (2012), “Seven Something” (2012), “A Dynamite Family” (2014 – cameo)
– He appeared in Korean dramas like “Dream High” (2011 – where he made a cameo appearance) and “The Producers” (2015 – where he played himself in ep. 3)
– He acted in the Chinese dramas: “One and a Half Summer” (2014), “Looking for Aurora” (2014)
– He acted in the web series drama “Magic School” (2017) alongside GOT7’s Park Jinyoung.
– Nichkhun’s ideal type: “I like women who are good at what they do. It would be great to meet a woman with whom I could share deep thoughts concerning work and the future.”
Stage Name: Taecyeon (택연)
Birth Name: Ok Taec Yeon (옥택연)
Position: Main Rapper, Sub-Vocalist, 2nd Visual
Birthday: December 27, 1988
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Height: 185 cm (6’1″)
Weight: 76 kg (167 lbs)
Blood Type: AB
Taecyeon fun facts:
– He was born in Seoul, but later moved to Busan, South Korea.
– Family: Mother, father, an older sister (Jihyen)
– At the age of ten, he migrated together with his family to Bedford, Massachusetts, USA.
– He studied at Bedford High School (while he studied there he was an active member of the Chess Club, Jazz Band, JV Soccer Team and National Honor Society).
– He lived in the USA for 7 years.
– After returning to Korea, he studied at Young Dong High School in Seoul.
– Then he studied Business Administration at Dankook University.
– He is currently attending Korea University Graduate School of International Studies.
– He auditioned for JYP Entertainment in New York in order to be a model.
– He speaks English, Korean and Japanese.
– In 2013 Taecyeon joined global “We Got Married” and was paired with Taiwanese actress Emma Wu.
– In 2010 he announced he gave up to his American visa, in order to be able to serve his military duties in Korea.
– He announced he will enlist in 2017.
– He acted in Korean dramas such as “Cinderella‘s Sister“ (2010), “Dream High” (2011), “99 days with the Superstar” (2011), “Who Are You” (2013), “Wonderful Days” (2014), “Assembly” (2015), “Let’s Fight, Ghost” (2016).
– Was on JYP‘s “Superstar Survival” along with Chansung and Junho, but was the first to leave.
– He received a bloody letter from a fan who is crazy about him.
– Even if he’s considered a “beast idol”, when behind the scenes he often shows a lot of aegyo.
– In January, 2017, Taecyeon released his 1st solo album.
– He also held his 1st solo concert, ‘Taecyeon (From 2PM) Premium Concert’ at the Tokyo Dome City Hall, in Japan on January 2 and the 3rd.
– Taecyeon composed the title track “Promise (I’ll be)” for 2PM’s latest album, “Gentleman’s Game”.
– Taecyeon enlisted on September 4, 2017.
– On 25 July 2018, it was announced that Taecyeon didn’t renew his contract with JYP Ent, and signed with 51K. However, it was announced that he may still continue his activities as a 2PM member.
– Taecyeon’s ideal type: “I used to like cute and short girls, but as I grew older I decided to open up my heart. Now, forgetting the ideal, I like everyone!”
Stage Name: Wooyoung (우영)
Birth Name: Jang Woo Young (장우영)
Position: Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist
Birthday: April 30, 1989
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
Blood Type: B
– He was born in Busan, South Korea.
– Family: Mother, father, elder sister (named Junhwa).
– He was selected as a JYP trainee after he won the audition against 5,000 other candidates.
– His dad was initially against his dream of becoming a singer, but now he encourages his son and often sends letters to Wooyoung.
– During 2PM‘s Hands Up Asia Tour, Junho and Wooyoung performed together a song that Junho wrote, while Wooyoung choreographed and designed their outfits.
– Wooyoung was the first 2PM member to release a single album – “23, Male, Single” (July 2012).
– In 2015 he made his solo debut in Japan, with the single “R.O.S.E.
– Then he had a tour of solo concerts in Tokyo, Osaka, and Aichi.
– He studied in Seoul School for Arts. He is a dance major.
– He acted in “Dream High” where he had one of the lead roles as Jason (a Korean – American).
– During the filming he received help with English from his bandmates Nichkhun and Taecyeon.
– Wooyoung said that he had an „Artist Syndrome“, however he said that it is cured. (KBS Radio Star ep 553)
– In 2011 he had a cameo appearance in the KBS Drama Special “Human Casino”.
– In July 2011, he trained actress Kim Gyu-ri for her performance on MBC’s Dancing With the Stars.
– He was the MC for the music show Inkigayo from July 2009 to July 2010, alongside with Taecyeon.
– In 2014, he participated in the “We Got Married” show, were he was paired up with actress Park Se Young.
– Along with Taecyeon, he modeled for different clothing brands such as Evisu or Reebok’s Classic Campaign.
– In 2014 he was assigned as the new face of Recipe Cosmetics.
– JYP Ent. confirmed Wooyoung’s enlistment on July 9, 2018.
– Wooyoung’s ideal type: “My ideal type is a person I can communicate with well”
Stage Name: Junho (준호)
Birth Name: Lee Jun Ho (이준호)
Position: Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer
Birthday: January 25, 1990
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight: 67 kg (147 lbs)
Blood Type: A
– He was born in Ilsan, Goyang, South Korea.
– Family: Mother, father, older sister
– He won JYP‘s “Superstar Survival” placing first out out 6,000 contestants (The same program Taecyeon and Chansung were in)
– He owns 2 cats: Johnny and Wollie
– JunHo was often accused of doing plastic surgery because of his resemblance to Rain.
– During “Superstar Survival” and his trainee years, Junho had a bad attitude.
– There was a point where Junho was going to be kicked out of JYP Entertainment because of his attitude and because he was lagging behind the others. When his mother found out called JYP and begged them to give him more chance.
– His cousin is a pitcher for the Doosan Bears.
– He speaks Korean and Japanese, and a bit of English.
– In 2010, he was part of the cast of the show “Let’s Go, Dream Team” Season 2.
– In July 2013 he released his first solo mini album, “Kimi no Koe”.
– Then he started his first solo tour, which ended in Tokyo, on August 29, 2013.
– In July 2014, Junho released his second Japanese mini-album, “FEEL” (for which he composed and produced all the songs).
– In the day of its release, “FEEL” topped Oricon’s daily album chart.
– On July, 2015, he releases his third Japanese mini-album, “SO GOOD”.
– He acted in movies such as: “Cold Eyes” (2013), “Twenty” (2015) and “Memories of the Sword” (2015).
– He acted in Korean dramas such as: “Memory” (2016), “Uncontrollably Fond” (2016, cameo – ep. 4), “Chief Kim” (2017), “Just Between Lovers” (2018), “Wok of Love” (2018).
– He is an animal rights activist.
– Junho’s ideal type: “A woman with who I can talk to easily and communicate with well.”
Stage Name: Chansung (찬성)
Birth Name: Hwang Chan Sung (황찬성)
Position: Lead Rapper, Vocalist, Maknae
Birthday: February 11, 1990
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Height: 184 cm (6’0″)
Weight: 75 kg (165 lbs)
Blood Type: B
– He was born in Seoul, South Korea.
– He studied at Korean Art High School and Howon University.
– He speaks Korean, intermediate Japanese, and basic English.
– He knows martial arts such as Taekwondo and Kumdo.
– Participated on JYP‘s “Superstar Survival” along with Taecyeon and Junho, but didn’t win
– He acted in shows like “Unstoppable High Kick“ (2006-2007 before 2PM’s debut), “Dream High” (2011), “Brilliant Thieves Royale” (2011), “7th Grade Civil Servant” (2013), “Ms. Temper & Nam Jung-Gi” (2016), “Romantic Boss” (web drama 2016), “Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim” (2016 – cameo appearance), “Housewife Detective” (2017), “Suspicious Partner” (2017 – guest role), “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” (2018).
– He acted in label mate Joo‘s MV for “Bad Guy“.
– He has achieved high levels in Taekwondo and Kumdo.
– Chansung prefers to sleep on the floor (as well as Wooyoung).
– Has a cat named Jeonggam.
– Chansung’s ideal type: “I don’t care about age although there are a lot of older women who treat me as a younger brother. Women who carry their own style are charming.”
Jaebeom (aka Jay Park)
Jay Park became famous as the leader of 2PM (until 2010), then he pursued a solo career. He’s currently under AOMG.
Stage Name: Jay Park
Birth Name: Park Jae-beom (박재범)
Birthplace: Edmonds, Washington, in the Seattle metropolitan area, United States
Birthday: April 25, 1987
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height: 170 cm (5’7″)
Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
Blood Type: A
Jay Park Facts:
– He was born in Edmonds, Washington, in the Seattle metropolitan area, United States
– Education: Dankook University
– Since a young age he showed great interest towards hip-hop music and b-boying.
– In 2004 he became a trainee for JYP Entertainment.
– On September 4, 2008, he debuted, as the leader of 2PM, with the song “10 Out of 10”.
– On September 4, 2009, after a huge scandal caused by a series of comments found on Jay Park’s Myspace account (from 2005) in which he was criticizing Korea, Jay returned to Seattle.
– Jay Park officially left 2PM in early 2010.
– In March 2010, he uploaded on Youtube a cover of B.o.B’s “Nothin’ on You”, which went viral, getting more than 2 mil. views in just 24 h.
– In July 2010, he released his first EP, “Count on Me” (믿어줄래). His song debuted as nr. 1 on the Gaon chart.
– In July 2010, he was chosen as the new model for Levi Strauss & Co.’s new brand, dENiZEN.
– In July 2010, he returned to South Korea and signed a contract with the Korean agency SidusHQ.
– In 2011, he released his first mini-album, “Take a Deeper Look”, which went multi-platinum in South Korea.
– He became the first artist to win a music program award on his debut stage, when he won on KBS’ Music Bank with “Abandoned”.
– He also won “Record of the Year” at the 2011 Golden Disk Awards, becoming the first solo artist to release such a performance.
– In 2011 he also starred in his first Korean movie, “Mr. Idol”.
– In 2011 he joined the cast of “Immortal Songs 2“.
– In early 2012, he was chosen by KT Tech to be the official model for promoting their new smartphone, Take HD.
– In February 2012, he released his first full-length album, “New Breed”, which also went multi-platinum.
– In 2012, he had his 1st solo tour in Seoul, followed by the tours around Asia and Australia.
– In 2012, he was also chosen as the new model for casual clothing brand Googims.
– In 2012, he became a permanent cast member of MBC’s “Come to Play“.
– In 2013, he also became a fixed cast member of tvN’s “Saturday Night Live Korea“.
– In April 2014, he was chosen as a dance master for Season 2 of “Dancing 9“.
– In 2015, he participated as a judge on Mnet’s “Show Me the Money 4“.
– In November 2015, he released his album “WORLDWIDE”.
– In March 2016, he released a new song titled “The Truth Is”.
– In 2016, alongside Jessica Jung (ex SNSD’s member) and other artists, he modeled for Adidas’s “Celebration of Sportswear” campaign.
– In March 2016, he also modeled for for Umbro Korea’s “Reborn to Heritage” campaign.
– On October 20, 2016 he released the album “Everything You Wanted”.
– He was also featured on the April issue of “Dazed Korea” magazine.
– He has collaborated with Loco, Gray, Dean, Hoody, Jessi, Crush, etc.
– He is the founder and CEO of the Korean independent hip hop record label AOMG & His New Global Label H1GHR MUSIC.
– He is under Roc Nation (Jay-Z’s label) for his American activities.
– He is the first Asian to sign with Roc Nation.
– He is a member of the Seattle-based b-boy crew, Art of Movement (AOM)
– He was the judge for Asia’s Got Talent for season 2.
– His hobbies are: Basketball, listening music.
– At the Korean Music Awards 2017 he won 2 awards: Musician of the Year and Best R&B and Soul Albumfor his 2016 album “Everything You Wanted.”
– On July 20, 2018 he released his first full English album: “Ask Bout Me” via Roc Nation.
– He’s back as a judge for Asia’s Got Talent season 3.
– Jay Park’s ideal type: He said that he prefers an experienced woman. He also listed SISTAR‘s Bora as close to his ideal type.